The Operations Maintenance Manager performs duties delegated by the Line Maintenance manager for the on-going operations at the Base and Line stations under their areas of responsibilities. This role is focusing on the stations as assigned on their performance and standards
- Ensuring the availability of all necessary maintenance data as required by Part 145.A.45
- Ensuring the availability of all necessary equipment, tools and materials as required by Part 145.A.40;
- Supplying the necessary technical documents for customers and storage of the organisation’s technical records;
- Recording and notifying any inaccurate, incomplete or ambiguous procedure, practice information or maintenance instruction contained in the maintenance data used by maintenance personnel to the author of maintenance data;
- Overseeing the interview process, employment, management and discipline of engineers at Base and Line Stations, ensuring appropriate staffing levels and qualifications to accomplish work tasks as required.
- Maintain daily adherence to agreed KPIs on compliance and performance
- Carrying out and/or overseeing the ongoing competence of the engineers within the stations they are assigned
- Ensure the reporting of significant defects encountered during maintenance and if required the correct compilation, completion and routing of Voluntary Occurrence Reports (VORs) and Mandatory Occurrence Reports (MORs) to the Compliance and Safety Department in a timely manner.
- Responsible for corrective action resulting from Quality Audits performed within their area of responsibility.
- Incident investigations as required to support the business
- Point of contact for specific airline customers as agreed with Director of Engineering and Maintenance
- Exercising the privileges of their licence/approval in a correct and proper manner
- Overseeing overall station performance from both a maintenance and sustainability perspective this can include but is not limited to compliance lapses, equipment supply, travel spend and day to day manhour utilisation/cost.
- Disciplinary process management
- Assisting with the promotion of compliance and safety issues within the company and to customers, through the promulgation of appropriate media.
- Ensure FRMS compliance within the Maintenance team.
The role is based in an office environment at an agreed location with some time spent at HQ in Stansted as required.
The normal working day is between 08:30 and 17:00 on Monday to Thursday and between 08:30 and 14:30 on Friday. 30 minutes is provided for lunch however this role will also require extensive travel to ensure the station performance and standards are maintained so flexibility on both sides is required
Qualification & Education
- EASA B license and type rating
- 10-years working in a aircraft maintenance or airline environment
Training & Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Aviation standards in an airline maintenance environment (EASA); and
- Excellent knowledge of the application of Safety Management Systems; and
- High standard of English language (written and oral); and
- High standard of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
You must have the right to work in the UK – Proof will be required at the scheduling interview stage
- 5% employer contribution to pension
- 3 x Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Fast growing company, ideal for development and expanding skills
To Apply for this role, please click here and upload your CV and right to work