The Planning Engineer shall generate and control aircraft maintenance work packages, ensuring regulatory compliance at all times throughout Storm Aviation.
• To generate and issue comprehensive maintenance packages of work for production staff in accordance with the relevant regulatory airworthiness requirements and departmental procedures
• To create and maintain master work cards/databases where required for specific projects, identify sub-contract requirements, spares and tooling
• Liaise with internal departments and external customers, as deemed necessary to provide clear and concise work instructions
• To assist the Planning Manager with the daily operation of the planning department and supporting the day to day production operation
• Have commercial awareness of the impact that decisions can have to the customer and to the business as a whole
• Flexibility and adaptability towards rapidly changing situations
• Ability to work under pressure to react to operational requirements and time constraints
• Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work
• Liaise with Safety and Compliance to ensure compliance with procedures and audits.
• Assisting with the promotion of compliance and safety issues within the company.
The Planning Engineer shall liaise with the customer, CAMO, OEM and sub-contractors concerning all requirements, ensuring all are correctly interpreted and processed.
The role is based in an office environment within the Base Maintenance Hangar at Diamond Hangar, Stansted Airport, Essex. The normal working day is between 07:00 and 19:00 on a 5×4, 4×5 shift pattern. There may be occasions due to operational reasons where it is necessary to work outside of these hours.
Qualification & Education
• A recognised apprenticeship within the aircraft industry or similar.
• A minimum of 5 years hands on experience of work related production, modification and maintenance type work.
• 2 years working in aircraft maintenance, production planning or airline environment; or
• Experience in MRO IT software, such as AMOS, OASES, Rusada etc would be an advantage but not essential
Training & Knowledge:
• Technical experience in aviation and able to demonstrate knowledge of airworthiness regulation;
• Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Planning;
• High standard of English language (written and oral)
• High standard of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office Suite.