The Stores manager shall manage the operational performance of the stores and ensure the correct staffing is available to support the aircraft maintenance needs for the Hangar, ensuring the timely delivery of materials to the production staff and provide management of the mandatory tasks within the stores environment such as inspection and dangerous goods movements.
· Management of stores operation, ensure Goods in receipt and dispatch in agreed timeframes and at the correct quality standard.
· Management of Stores staff and production procurement staff in respect of shifts, cover and training
· Liaise with Base maintenance manager and production staff to determine support priorities.
· Stores planning and development including Audit standard requirements, workflow and efficiency with continuous improvement in mind.
· Communication to the Base Maintenance Manager on targets and delivery of materials in relation to this.
· Control and monitoring of C and E ensuring stock levels are met and costs accounted for.
· Manage calibration requirements across business
· Manage tool provision and tracking
· Liaise with Safety and Compliance to ensure compliance with procedures and audits. Initiate procedure change in consultation with BMM and safety and compliance department.
· Assisting with the promotion of compliance and safety issues within the company and to customers, through the promulgation of appropriate media.
· Ensure FRMS compliance within the stores environment.
· Any other function as deemed necessary and suitable by the Base Maintenance Manager.
The Stores manager will liaise with external companies in respect of all material and tool requirements as required by Storm Aviation. In addition they may need to work with contract agencies to meet required staffing levels.
Qualification & Education:
O level or GCSE A-C standard grades
3-years working in a aircraft maintenance or airline environment; or
5-years working in a Stores environment
Training & Knowledge:
Excellent knowledge of Aviation standards in an airline maintenance environment (EASA); and
Excellent knowledge of the application of Stores working practices and requirements; and
High standard of English language (written and oral);
High standard of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
Competitive salary and company benefits